Saturday, September 3, 2011

Zumba


Zumba. Ok…A lot of you know how passionate I am about working out. I LOVE IT! Running, walking, biking, elliptical, swimming, stair climber, etc…I love it all! But…as a lot of you know you can get so bored and start phoning it in at the gym and that isn't good. You want and need to find something that is going to push you beyond your limits and take you to that next level. I would be at the gym 5-6 days a week doing whatever. Some days I would stay a lot longer than other days. I could burn 300 calories to 1000 calories. Depending on what i did and how long I stayed. I started getting bored, which is never a good thing. I wanted to change it up a little. I wanted a personal trainer, but at the moment cant afford one. A friend of mine lost a TON of weight doing Zumba. She said it was a lot of fun, so thought I would give it a try. Now, mind you, I am in NO way a dancer. I didn't think I even had rhythm. But, you do NOT need to know anything about dancing. If you can walk and move your body, you can Zumba. Yes, it is all choreographed, but you get the hang of it very fast. I have become addicted to Zumba and try to get there 5-6 nights a week. Each class is an hour and let me tell you. This house goes by so fast. You are having so much fun, with so many other people, dancing to upbeat music and burning MAJOR CALORIES!!!!! Im talking around 900-1000 calories. *high calorie burn all depends on your level of working out*

Zumba is a latin-inspired fitness program. Each instructor is different, but majority of songs are latin based, with some hip hop thrown in. You will learn to salsa, merengue, and some fun and funky hip hop moves. Your body will be moving in ways you never thought possible. 

Each Zumba class is different. You will have young and old. Small and bigger. People with amazing rhythm and experience and some who have never worked out in their lives. 

You can go to www.zumba.com and find Zumba classes in your local area. I HIGHLY recommend everyone trying it at least once. You may tell me "im too old". Let me tell you I have women in their 70's in my class. I have women who are very over weight in my class. So, lets quit the excuse making and get your dance on!

No comments:

Post a Comment