Monday, September 5, 2011

Sweets and Treats

Ok, so many people have been asking me to get them my recipes. I have written a cookbook, unfortunately I am the only one with a copy. Ha! So, that is another reason for my blog. Yes, I will put all my recipes into a book, make copies, and let you all know so you can purchase it. But, please continue to be patient. So, I asked you guys on Facebook what you all wanted me to blog. A couple of you said baking. So, I will blog my first food blog on sweets. I will have a couple on this blog. These are items I make for Christmas and everyone always asks for my recipe. I do have a couple pictures I will add. Now, I will try to add the pictures in the correct space so they line up with the recipe. But, please be patient with me. If they all end up at the bottom, you should easily be able to match the picture with the recipe. ha! Ok, time to hush my mouth and start typing!

*These are all the EASIEST recipes EVER!!!*

Avalanche Bark

2 Bags WILTON white chocolate
2 BIG spoonfuls creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3 cups mini marshmallows (give or take)
3 cups rice crispies (give or take)

Melt the white chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl. Check and stir every 30 seconds. Making sure you do not burn chocolate. Not only will it no longer be useable, but it will also stink. lol! Once the chocolate is creamy add the peanut butter. Let it rest for a couple minutes. Allowing it to cool some so it will not melt other ingredients. Once it is cooled off a while (but still creamy and soft) start adding in mini marshmallows and rice crispies. Now, sometimes you need to add less or more. I start with a cup of each at a time. You want to make sure your mixture is more on the wet side. This will help harden your bark. Once you have added enough, add 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Stir. Pour bark onto a greased cake or cookie pan, or waxed paper. You then can sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips over top. Pat them down a little bit. Let set and then cut, and enjoy!  *Warning. This bark is super yummy, but super rich*.


Peppermint Bark (discs)

This is the EASIEST thing to make. EVER!

2 bags WILTON white chocolate
1 box regular candy canes- unwrapped and crushed

Melt white chocolate in a larger microwavable safe bowl. Check and stir every 30 seconds, making sure you do NOT burn your chocolate!!! Once chocolate is completely melted and creamy, add in 3/4 of crushed candy canes. Now, there are 2 ways of finishing up your bark. You can pour it in a greased or waxed lined cookie sheet. I started trying something new last year. I spoon a dollop of my mix onto waxed paper forming a disc. Once your bark is laid out, sprinkle remaining crushed candy canes on top.

Carey's Brownie Balls of Death

These were named by my brother. lol! So I decided to keep the name.

1 box of your favorite brand chocolate brownie mix. I like the dark chocolate fudgy kind.
1 bag milk chocolate WILTON brand chocolate
*optional* chopped nuts, sprinkles, cocoa powder, coconut, crushed candy canes, etc

Make mix according to the directions on box. When brownies have just about 2 or 3 minutes left, remove from oven. Let them cool for a few minutes before you begin working on them. You need them to still be warm/hot. Warning...they will be hot, but they need to be worked with during this time for them to stick together well. While you are allowing brownies to cool a couple minutes, go ahead and melt the chocolate. Have that prepared and ready. Also prepare a large sheet of waxed paper and items to roll your balls in if you so wish.  Spoon out a small amount of brownie and roll into a small ball. About an inch to 1 1/2 inches round. Once it is formed into a ball, set in melted chocolate and cover. Pick up with a fork and knock into side of bowl a little to try to shake off the extra chocolate. Set on waxed paper. If you want you can sprinkle on any of the toppings you wish, other wise let them cool as is.

Tiger Butter

I do not have a picture of this one, but oh well. You will soon find out the beauty yourself.

2 bags WILTON white chocolate
2 LARGE spoonfuls creamy peanut butter
1/2 bag milk or dark chocolate WILTON chocolate

Melt white chocolate in a large microwavable safe bowl. Check about every 30 seconds, making sure you do NOT burn chocolate. Once chocolate is completely melted and creamy, add in the peanut butter. Mix til smooth and creamy. Pour into greased cookie sheet, or waxed paper lined sheet. Smooth out over pan. Spoon spoonfuls of melted milk or dark chocolate in different areas of peanut butter mixture. With a knife, go back and forth, from side to side and back again in the other direction. Make a pretty design. Make it yours. Let this cool completely and become firm before breaking into bark.

If you wish, do with my bff, SK, did and knock over a glass of alcohol and you will have a little spiked bark. lol!!!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh Carey!!!! I'm reading this and drooling, while eating red grapes- PRETENDING they are these yummy treats!!!!!! one grape was the brownie balls, one was the avalanche bark etc........
    can't wait to make these for Christmas gift tins!!! :)
    Leah

    ReplyDelete